Activities for When You’re Stuck Inside Because of a Hurricane
It looks like many of us east coasters are going to be stuck inside this weekend. Have no fear, your self-appointed activities director is here with a list of 25 ideas (using stuff you probably already have around the house) to keep the kids entertained while riding out the storm.
1. Make instruments out of straws and form a band. Give yourselves a band name.
2. Make Paper Dolls, Robot Style
3. Pretend you’re going on a trip. Just bring this outdoor activity inside.
4. Give the kids your smart phone and a list and send them on an indoor photo scavenger hunt.
5. Become a milliner.
6. Make puppets and put on a show.
7. Transform a paper bag into something new.
8. Brush up on your walkie talkie lingo or make up a language all your own.
9. Grab a piece of paper, some crayons and draw a story.
10. Get your fortune read. Read someone else’s.
16. Make lava lamps.
17. Play a game of war, go fish or try your hand at building a house of cards.
18. Write each other notes in invisible ink.
19. See if you can make it through a maze of laser beams.
20. Write secret notes just like the ancient Greeks did.